Radiations that have the potential to harm the health or safety of a person or plant are called radiation hazards.Complete medical presentation file(PDF) is available for download.
Summary of Radiation Hazards And It’s Sources:
SOURCES OF RADIATION HAZARDS
Radiations hazards mainly take place due
to two types of sources.
- Internal sources of radiation
- External sources of radiation.
INTERNAL SOURCES OF RADIATION
This type of radiation hazards are due to:
- Deposition of radioactive nuclide by injection to body
- Deposition of radioactive nuclide by inhalation in
- Deposition of radioactive nuclide by swallowing
EXTERNAL SOURCES OF RADIATION
Radiation hazards from the external source are
due to :
- Natural radiation
- Artificial radiation
RADIATION HAZARDS FROM NATURAL RADIATION
- The sun
- Rock and soils
- Inside the human body
RADIATION HAZARDS FROM ARTIFICIAL RADIATION
Radiation hazard take place due to artificial
source of radiation such as:
- Many medical institutions discharge radioactive materials into environment.
- Due to environmental radiation
- Radiation in consumer products.
Download PDF File Here: